The entire set of N8500 system encounters an unexpected power failure.
Step 1 Check whether cables are correctly connected.
Step 2 Press the power button on either controller A or controller B of the storage unit controller (SUC).
Wait about three minutes. If the power indicator turns steady green, the SUC is successfully powered on. After the power button of the SUC is pressed, the storage unit disk enclosure (SUD) connected to the SUC is also powered on.
Step 3 Power on the Ethernet switches one by one.
Wait one minute. If all running indicators are blinking green, the Ethernet switches are successfully powered on.
Step 4 After the storage unit is powered on, press the power buttons of all NAS engine nodes one by one at an interval of at least 30 seconds.
Wait about five minutes. If the power indicator turns steady green, the engine node is successfully powered on.
Step 5 After the N8500 system is powered on, check whether it is running properly.
1. Check the status of indicators on the N8500 system.
2. Ensure that all clustered NAS engine nodes have been added to the cluster. On the main window of the ISM, choose All Devices > Clustered NAS Storage System > Devices Info. Select the cluster and click the Clustered Nodes tab in the function pane. Check whether the cluster contains all nodes.
3. Run cfsmntadm display as user support to check whether all file systems have been mounted.
4. Check whether all configured services have been successfully started. Switch to user master.
Run cifs server status to check whether the CIFS service is started.
Run nfs server status to check whether the NFS service is started.
Run replication service status to check whether the remote replication service is started.
5. On the client, confirm that the services are running properly.
If all services are running properly and the clustered NAS storage system is successfully powered on, no further operations are required. If any of the operations fails, contact Huawei technical support.
The power supply to the equipment room is interrupted. The scenario and troubleshooting method in this section apply to N8500 V200R001 and storage units including S2600T, S5500T, S5600T, S5800T, and S6800T.
Note that the clustered NAS engines must be powered on at last.