1. Login into ESX host via ssh client.
2. Run command:
3. Check the output “Skipping invalid VM” message. Each line of this kind of message means one inaccessible VM. Remember their ID. In this example, there are 5 inaccessible VMs and the IDs are 1/4/6/11/12.
4. Run the following command to reload one VM:
vim-cmd vmsvc/reload 1
5. After reload command, run getallvms again to check it. This time you can see that VM id 1 is not invalid and it’s available now.
6. Go back to step 4 to reload all other inaccessible VMs.