On the eSpace EMS SPC500 the following errors occurred in the nbi.log and must check what is the root cause.
2013-06-12 15:20:00,049 ERROR [T=169][com.huawei.oms.nbi.snmpadaptor.ds.frame.service.SNMPCoreFrame.setEngineBoots() 638] FileStream Close failed :java.io.IOException: Bad file descriptor
2013-06-12 15:20:00,133 ERROR [T=62][com.huawei.oms.nbi.utility.ds.config.UtilityConfigReader.addFTPUsers() 297] AddUser Failed:name is empty
1. Make sure all services are running
2. Double check with R&D
1. Check running status of the EMS
2. Check SNMP on EMS and on the upper NMS
3. Capture packets on the EMS to the upper NMS for SNMP packets
4. Check the following in the nbi.xml file:
• SNMP settings under <UserSnmpInfo>
• FTP user under <CommonFTPInfo>
Conclusion: These errors in the nbi.log do not affect the services and can be ignored.
For the first error, it’s due to the program code close the “FileOutputStream” first and then close the “ObjectOutputStream”.
For the second, the error is due to the fact that ftp user if configured. FTP service is not a must for the main operation services of EMS.