On Home screen of server collecting NTA data (netflow) , customer has an widget for DSCP data, and it shows - no DSCP data. Our customer informed us there are correctly send DSCP headers in netflow protocol packets.
1. Let customer send us the tool he used for test. We use it test in lab and found the tool does not send the standard netstream flow. eSight drops them.
2. Provide one tool to customer and test it still does not work.
3. Login the device and check together with customer. because of customer does not enable SNMP service on windows server, eSight cannot manage the simulation device.
4. Enable the service on windows server --> Add simulation device on eSight --> Send netstream traffic to eSIght --> Check the NTA result and works fine.
1. NE does not send netstream traffic to eSight
2. eSight does not handle the traffic correctly.
How to enable SNMP service on windows server.
1. Administrative Tool --> Service manager --> Feature --> Add features. Find SNMP component and install it.
2. Administrative Tool --> Service --> SNMP service. Configure SNMP serivce like below:
Log On option: local system account/allow service to interact with desktop
Security option: Send authenticatin trap/ add new user with community right read only and community Name public; also, Accept SNMP packets from any hosts.
Attach how to use simulation tool to generate netstream traffic.