Cannot login with eSpace Desktop Client with an UC user configured for Soft Terminals.
Error message displayed: “Server login failure. Check network connection”
1. Ping test was OK
2. Enterprise settings are OK on BMP
3. User Accounts and number linkage is OK on BMP
4. All subscribers are synchronized OK
5. Wireshark trace on the desktop shows a 400 Bad Request HTTP message
6. Port 8081 is in LISTENING state
7. SIP trace on U2990 show OPTION messages that shows heart beat is OK
8. Check system mode of U2990 using LST OFI to view the Local Office Information, especially Service type . This was set to CC by default.
9. Use command RMV OFI to delete it and SET OFI to configure the Service Type as UC or UC&CC.
10. Try to login again => Successful
1. Check network connection ( ping test from CALL AS to U2990, PGM, DMS )
2. Check Enterprise settings on BMP ( most important UC account password for soft terminal )
3. Check User Accounts and number linkage on BMP
4. Check Subscribers on U2990
5. Put wireshark trace on desktop where eSpace Desktop Client is deployed
6. Check port 8081 availability on the desktop
7. Put trace on U2990
Because U29xx and U19xx can be used in CC and UC mode, as well as other devices like the IP Phones ( that can be used in CC mode, UC 1.0 and UC 2.0 mode ) it’s needed to check for such parameters because some features cannot be used if the parameter is not set according to the deployed solution.