E6000 has two MM boards MM1 and MM2, please plug the MM2 out at first, do the password retrieve for MM1, after MM1’s password has been retrieved then insert the MM2, the MM2 will synchronize the MM1’s password automatically.
How to retrieve MM1’s password:
1. Using serial cable to connect the MM1’s management serial interface: Baud rate is 115200, Data bits is 8, no parity check code, the stop bit is 1, none data flow control.
2. Plug the MM1 out and reinsert it in, wait and pressing Ctrl+B while the output displayed as following:
MM610："Hit 'ctrl + b' to stop autoboot: 7".
MM620："Type 'ctrl + b' to enter uboot before os load during uboot start. "
3. Enter the password “smmpass” while the ENTER PASSWD reminder.
4. Input “a” and press enter while uboot reminder.
5. Enter “pwdclr” under uboot reminder, press Enter to clean the password, then the MM1 will be auto retrieved.
6. Wait the MM1 retrieved successfully, then the password of user root has been cleared.
7. To MM620, after root password been cleared, it will turned to be “huaweiosta” by default.
8. Reinsert MM2, the MM2 will synchronize the MM1’s password automatically.