with the installation tool, when click the "verify configuration" on the picture belwo, you can see the error report as below:
Failed to connect to the shared directory or the template file does not exist. Check that the entered template file path and the login information are correct
first, we do the test to PING the local PC from host, and it get through.
then, we check that the firewall and anti-virus software are turned off.
then, check the configuration on the local PC as below:
1. run the regedit.exe to open the registry table
2. change the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\LargeSystemCache to 1
3, change the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanServer\Parameters\size to 3
4, restart the "server" service on windows services management window
after the steps, the problem wasn't resolved, and we still have to disconnect the iAccess tool and disable all other network adaptors, just leaving one adaptor for the local PC, at last, the problem was resolved.
the probable reason may be as below:
1. the host can't communicate with the local PC
2. the firewall or anti-virus software on the local PC is not turned off
3. the configuration of the server on the local PC is not right
it is better to prepare a common PC with simple network configuration to install the fusion compute system.