1- Check that no RAID information exists in the RAID controller card.
1.1 Check that no RAID properties are configure for hard disks.
1.2 Remove a hard disk if the hard disk has been configured with RAID properties.
2- Power on the server and press Ctrl+Y during the LSISAS2208 controller card initialization.
3- The Megacli screen is displayed,
4- Run the -adpnvram –clear –a0
command to delete data in the NVRAM
5- Data in the NVRAM is successfully deleted. Restart the system
6- The new RAID works properly. You can also import the previous RAID configuration for hard disks.
- When the LSISAS2208 controller card is powered on for the first time, the license subcard is checked, and information about the license subcard is saved in the nonvolatile random access memory (NVRAM) of the RAID controller card. Every time the RAID controller card is powered on, the system checks whether the current license subcard information is the same as that in the NVRAM.
- If not, the message "The native configuration is no longer supported by the current controller and firmware
" is displayed ,The message indicates that the verification of RAID license information fails.
- The license subcard information is highlighted in the red circle shown :
- The SR220, SR320, SR620, RU220, or RU620 controller card configured on a V2 server carries with a license subcard. If the license subcard is replaced with a new one, or the LSISAS2208 controller card is not tested before internal use, this problem occurs.
- If an LSISAS2208 controller card has no license subcard, the registration requiring a license will fail, and the RAID controller card cannot be used. The information
-If the hard disks are configured with RAID properties and inserted in the backplane, the NVRAM data deletion fails. You need to remove the hard disks that have been configured with RAID properties and then delete data in the NVRAM.
- If all hard disks member in RAID groups through Raid controller card , the customer should remove all hard disks from the sever before following above steps to solve issue and ,if he did not remove all disks, the operation will be failed ,so he should remove the disks and do it again.