To active message indicator correctly with SmartCall UMS, the below settings are necessary to verify:
1) Enable message notification and subscription for UMS account
2) Set called number for UMS account while new message comes
3) Interval time for scanning of new message shouldn’t be too long, otherwise it might cause delay for indication
4) Enable message subscription under “Account->Advanced”
5) Configure correctly integration between PBX and UMS, enable the service right of voice message and active it for the specific account
If all above are done correctly, the voice message indicator should be working fine.