1. According to the IC task, it is used for info-center. High CPU should be relevant to log on AR3260
2. Let customer collect information to analzye the issue
• display cpu-usage ---- Check the current cpu-usage and implement several time like last time. Give us all the output.
• Enter Diagnostic mode
[huawei-diagnose] display task IC //// Check Task ID for IC
[huawei-diagnose] display task-monitor config ///Check Index for IC task. it should be in Exclude Task List
[huawei-diagnose] set task-monitor del-exclude-task index /// index is from output of last command
[huawei-diagnose] set task-monitor threshold 50 taskid taskid ///Enable monitor task for IC process. Taskid, please check the output of command “display task-monitor config”. Please wait 1 minutes.
[huawei-diagnose] display task-monitor ///After 1 minutes, Check the result for IC task monitor. Please implement it for several times.
3. After get above information, we find the high CPU is because of SD0 card.
By default, all the logs are saved in SD1 card. Once there is SD0 card, logs will be saved in SD0 card.
However, AR router cannot find any directory in SD0 card
Info: File can't be found in the directory
3,872,576 KB total (3,872,128 KB free)
Please change the log saved path to SD1 as below and check the CPU is down or not.
info-center logfile path sd1:/logfile
If the CPU goes down, Please format SD0. We doubt the file system is not created on SD0. That is why file cannot be saved in SD0.
<Huawei> format sd0
5. After customer change the logfile path. The problem is solved.