After mapping the LUN in S2600T to the AIX host, on the host, we can't see the LUN information, there is no iSCSI disk.
At the same time, you can also see that the status of the initiator is "link down" on the ISM.
1. Check if there is any error message on the AIX host: using the command "errpt", we can see the communication failures.
2. Checking the logs of the storage, we can find the error below:
3. We checked the configuration for the "/etc/iscsi/targets" file on the AIX host, we found the wrong configuration
This time, the problem is cause by the wrong configuration for the "targets" file on the AIX host and the wrong configuration for the LUN mapping.
We know that the AIX host has a feature about the iscsi link, when there is no data communication between the AIX host and storage, the host will disconnect from the storage, and when the data communication start next time, the link will be activated again.
1. According to the logs, we have to change the configuration of the "targets" file on the AIX host.
2. According to the iSCSI feature of AIX host above, we have to follow the procedure to configure the storage again
i. Remove all the mapped LUN from the AIX host
ii. Create a new AIX host on the ISM
iii. Add the initiator to the AIX host
iv. Map the LUN to the AIX host
v. Re-scan the LUN on the AIX server
At last, we can find the status of the initiator is "link up", and we can find the iSCSI disk on the AIX host as below:
Please follow the standard configuration in the documentation for different host.