When we upgraded the TC from version 1.10.02 to 1.10.06 and installed the NetScaler Root certificate on the TC using a patch, we couldn’t log to the VM and it gave the 1030 error code.
1) We checked the tasks of the TC and we found abnormal behavior. CPU is 100% and each time we try to open the VM a new task named “wfica.real” is created.
2) We suspected the TC version so we downgraded the version from 1.10.06 to 1.10.05, after downgrade we can open the VM from TC through NetScaler AG normally with no problems.
3) To isolate the problem more and to know which part of the version makes the problem, we suspected the Citrix Receiver version on the TC.
Citrix receiver version on 1.10.05: 18.104.22.168636
Citrix receiver version on 1.10.06: 22.214.171.124701
On version 1.10.06, we downgraded the Citrix Receiver version from 126.96.36.199701 to 188.8.131.52636
4) After the Citrix receiver version downgrade, we can open the VM from TC through NetScaler AG normally with no problems.
5) Now we are sure that the problem is because Citrix Receiver Version on 1.10.06.
6) To find the root cause of this problem, R&D created the same environment in HQ LAB and Test in HQ with the same version was successful so they started to compare the entire configuration files till we found the only difference between configuration in customer site and in HQ.
7) The difference was in the Citrix WI configuration file.
WI configuration file is in the path (C:\inetpub\wwwroot\VDesktop\conf\WebInterface.conf)
In the file the only difference was in the parameter
【In HQ environment】
【In XXX Project environment】
8) This parameter in the WI configuration file is configured in the WI GUI
When select the option “Request tickets from two STAs, where available” the parameter “CSG_UseTwoTickets” in the WI configuration is set to ON.
9) After unselect the “Request tickets from two STAs, where available” the parameter “CSG_UseTwoTickets” in the WI configuration is set to OFF.
10) We tested again with the 1.10.06 and with the Citrix Receiver version 184.108.40.206701 and we can open the VM from TC through NetScaler AG normally with no problems.
1) Citrix Receiver version 220.127.116.11701 which is embedded in Linux TC version 1.10.06 has a conflict with the WI Gateway configuration parameter “CSG_UseTwoTickets” and we CANNOT log to the VM
2) Citrix Receiver version 18.104.22.168636 which is embedded in Linux TC version 1.10.05 has no conflict with the WI Gateway configuration parameter “CSG_UseTwoTickets” and we CAN log to the VM
Recommendation is to deselect the optional “Request tickets from two STAs, where available” parameter in the Citrix WI Gateway configuration.