I would like to share you a way to configure your favourite remote-connection app and integrate it with eSight. As you know when you are trying to connect to a NE via eSight the process is made through the web-browser. This will not give you the chance to log the screen or you must configure your browser to support some more feature like language layout and so on... The idea here is to find a way for eSight to open your favourite remote-connection app everytime you want to start a remote session. Please stay on this thread and you'll understand the goal for this.
1. How to add a device into eSight and configure the telnet parameters:
Make sure the username and password are the same as like the one configured on NE.
2.Go to device resource view and telnet the NE.
3. Telnet output will be displayed like below:
4. If you miss-configure one of the telnet parameters the connection will be refused.
So this is how we manage to connect to NE succesfully through web browser. How to do using an third party app?
I will give you an example about how to integrate local telnet application from Windows with eSight server. You can very easy use Putty or SecureCRT.
1. Power off eSight then modify the file “D:\eSight\AppBase\etc\neadapter\webtelnet\webtelnet.cfg”
set the telnetMode = local.
2. Associate Windows telnet with eSight. Please follow the guide from the below link:
3. Power up eSight and try again to telnet:
Hope to find this case useful.