1. 2 hard disks are faulty in May 2014, other 4 hard disks are faulty after September 2014.
2. Average running time of the hard disks is 24000 hours(2 years and 9 months), under normal circumstances, the failure rate of SAS hard disk running for 3 years is 1.57%.
3. We analyse logs and find that the system frequently reports high temperature alarm from August 2014, the screenshot is below:
4. The temperature of the environment is an important standard to measure the reliability of the hard disk, the temperature changes will directly affect the hard disk failure rate, the relationship between temperature and hard disk reliability is below:
5. We confirm with R&D, hard disk failure rate is high because of the equipment room temperature suddenly is high from August 2014.
6. We confirm with customer, because of the equipment room often power off recently, UPS protects the storage, but don't protect the air conditioning, so the equipment room temperature is high.