Publication Date: 2015-04-09 | Views: 520 | Downloads: 0 | Author: SU1001810253 | Document ID: EKB1000072567
when connecting an ethernet cable or a 10GE fiber to a service port of the File Engine, no lights turn "on" on the physical interface and when the link is displayed from the ISM>Device Info, the port in which the cable has been plugged in stays gray as shown in the below diagram:
While trying to create a CIFS share, the process fails and the error is "the system does not have a virtual IP address"
Loggin in to the CLI using the console IP address of the NAS, username "master" and its default password "Master@storage" run the command: network ip addr show.
the only IP addresses shown are the two management IP addresses and the console IP address of the NAS. The IP addresses set while configuring the NAS using the Oceanstor toolkit are not shown.
If anyone is having the same issue, here is how to solve it:
1. log in to the NAS using the console IP address, using master/Master@storage as username/password;
2. run the command: network ip addr show. This will show the IP addresses the system has. Initially only the management IP addresses are shown;
3. run the command: network ip link add <slot> <VirtualIP> <mask> <physicalIP> <mask>. In the above diagram, I am using the interface modules in slot 1. Remember to set an IP address that is NOT IN THE IP PLAN. This is because you will have to change the IP addresses again, as i describe in the following steps;
4. run the command: network ip addr show. If you have executed the command in step 3 correctly, you should now be looking at the list of new physical as well as virtual IP addresses. Let me explain how these IP addresses are numbered. Keeping the diagram 1 as the reference, i have a total of 12 service ports. 8 ports are GE ports from the modules installed in slot 1 of controller A & B, and 4 are the 10GE ports from the modules installed in slot 2 of controller A & B. From step 3, if I give a physical IP address 10.10.10.10 and virtual IP address 10.10.10.30 to slot 1, the physical IP addresses will range from 10.10.10.10 to 10.10.10.22 and the virtual IP addresses will range from 10.10.10.30 to 10.10.10.42.
5. we do the same procedure as step 3 and 4 to configure the IP addresses for slot 2.6. the final step includes changing the IP address scheme to the planned IP address scheme using the command: network ip addr modify <oldIP> <newIP> <mask>> <newIP> <mask>