Product : S2200t
Version : V100R005C01
- customer need to remove a LUN from the host and reassign it to a different host.
- it is currently configured as a LUN extension. i.e. LUN001 & LUN004 .
- when customer did this operation from ISM operation failed
Handling Process :
- after we asked customer did he delete the LUN mapping from the application server, and then delete the LUN mapping from the storage system : the answer was no, he tried to delete the lun mapping from the storage system fisrt.
Root Cause :
- customer tried to delete the LUN mapping from the storage system before delete the LUN mapping from the application server.
The Computer Management dialog box is displayed.
Deleting the drive number of a volume may interrupt the running programs. Exercise caution when performing this operation.
The Confirm dialog box is displayed.
Carefully read the content of the Confirm dialog box, and click Yes to allow the deletion of the drive number.
Under the Disk Management node, there is no drive number for Disk1.
The LUN mapping has already been deleted from the application server.
The Remove LUN Mapping dialog box is displayed.
The Warning dialog box is displayed.
The Result dialog box is displayed indicating that the operation succeeded.
In the ISM function pane, select the LUN whose mapping you have deleted, and click the Mapped LUNs tab. No mapping information is displayed
when deleteing the mapping relationship between an application server and a storage system, we must first delete the LUN mapping from the application server, and then delete the LUN mapping from the storage system