Product : S5500T
Version : V2
Symptom : customer send us an email saying thr that :Storage not switching on and Controller IP not pinging.
Controller enclosure Power indicator Blinking green which indicates that the controller enclosure is being powered on or powered off.
- we asked customer to press on the controller enclosure power button for both controller , wait for 5 miniutes and check if the storage powerd on normally.
- if the storage powerd on properly we asked him to login to device manger and collect logs to find why the storage did not boot up automatically.
- after we checked the logs we found that the storage forced to shutdown as the temprature degree in Data Center room exceeded the maximum thresold.
2015-05-12 17:41:30 0xf0ce0009 Critical 2015-06-02 14:07:00 The temperature of Engine (ID ENG0, SN 210235853610E7000009) greatly exceeds the upper limit, and the system is going to shut down automatically.
- after Data Center room temprature became normal ,storage is working properly after pressing on the power button for both controllers.
- in case the storage froced to be shutdown because of the high tempreature , after the temprature issue resolved the storage will not powering on automatically .
- it must be powered on manually. this is a mechanism to protect the storage hardware.
storage startup failure has 4 common reasons which should be checked when trying to troubleshoot this issue :
Cause 1: The coffer disks are not correctly inserted.
Cause 2: The controller enclosure MAC address recorded by the coffer is different from the actual address.
Cause 3: The controller enclosure and disk enclosure are incorrectly connected.
Cause 4: The temperature of the controller enclosure exceeds the upper limit.