1. When keyboard, video, and mouse (KVM) cables are used to connect a monitor to a BH620, the hard disk Fault indicator is steady on, and alarms are generated on the BH620 and shelf management module (SMM). Figure 1 shows the alarm information in the SMM log.
Figure 1 SMM alarm information
2. The server operating system (OS) is abnormal. If the server OS is Windows 2003, the server system breaks down. If the server OS is Linux, an error occurs on the Linux terminal, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2 Linux error information
1. Based on the communication with onsite personnel, the server is new, no power failure occurs, and hard disks and RAID controller cards are normal.
2. After a BH620 is connected to a monitor, faults may occur in the BH620 when KVM cables are connected or disconnected from the BH620. In addition, hard disks are offline after KVM cables are connected to the high-density cable port.
3. After connected to other qualified monitors, the server is normal after multiple tests.
4. When KVM cables are not connected to a monitor, the server is normal after multiple tests.
5. The problem is found at the first time during KVM cable connection/disconnection. In this case, consult with onsite engineers.
6. Check that the onsite monitor has no CE or CCC certification label and is the low-quality monitor. Figure 3 shows the rear view of the low-quality monitor. From the figure, no certification label is attached.
Figure 3 Rear view of a low-quality monitor
The problem is caused due to connection to a low-quality monitor without certification.
Low-quality monitors without certification are not allowed on site. You are advised to use monitors that are produced by formal manufacturers and passed China Compulsory Certification (CCC) or other related certifications. You can also enable the remote control function for the baseboard management controller (BMC) to implement the display function.
Low-quality monitors without certification are not allowed on site. Monitors that are produced by formal manufacturers and passed certifications are recommended. Alternatively, enable the remote control function for the BMC to implement the display function.