Perform the following steps to delete data in the NVRAM to match the new license subcard:
1. Check that no RAID information exists in the RAID controller card.
Check that no RAID properties are configure for hard disks.
Remove a hard disk if the hard disk has been configured with RAID properties.
2. Power on the server and press Ctrl+Y during the LSISAS2208 controller card initialization, as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3 LSISAS 2208 controller card initialization
3. The Megacli screen is displayed, as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4 Megacli screen
4. Run the -adpnvram –clear –a0 command to delete data in the NVRAM, as shown in Figure 5.
Figure 5 Running the -adpnvram –clear –a0 command
5. Data in the NVRAM is successfully deleted. Restart the system, as shown in Figure 6.
Figure 6 Data successfully deleted
6. The new RAID works properly. You can also import the previous RAID configuration for hard disks.