An XH320 configured with two hard disks
The LSISAS 1064E redundant array of independent disks (RAID) controller card cannot rebuild a RAID after RAID 1 is degraded.
1. Configure two hard disks with RAID 1 properties. The hard disk in slot 0 is lost, and RAID 1 is degraded, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1 Hard disk in slot 0 lost
2. Power off the server, replace the LSISAS1064E controller card with a new one that has no RAID configuration, and power on the server. RAID 1 is in the Inactive/Degrade state, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2 RAID 1 state
3. Enter the SAS basic input/output system (BIOS) and activate the degraded RAID 1. RAID 1 is in Active/Degraded state, as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3 RAID 1 in Active/Degraded state
4. Insert a new hard disk in slot 0. Data is not synchronized in RAID 1.
5. On the PHY Properties screen of the SAS BIOS, the new hard disk in slot 0 can be queried, as shown in .
Figure 4 New hard disk in slot 0