Step 1 Open Internet Explorer, enter https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?DownloadID=35604 in the address box, and press Enter to access the Microsoft website.
Step 2 Download a proper KB2484841 patch based on the actual operating system version.
Step 3 Install the KB2484841 patch and restart the C/S client.
Step 4 Check whether the fault is rectified.
If the fault is rectified, no further action is required. If the fault persists, go to Step 5.
Step 5 Collect information as follows and submit the information to Huawei technical support engineers:
Collect debug logs of the eSpace IVS C/S client.
1. Log in to the eSpace IVS C/S client and choose Para. Setting > Local Parameter.
2. Set Enable local debug log to Yes and click Save, as shown in Figure 2-1.
Figure 2-1 Enabling debug logs
After debug logs are collected, set Enable local debug log to No.
3. Recur the fault. Go to the log directory of the C/S client and collect the debug logs of all services in the main directory when the client does not respond.
The default path for storing debug logs is C:\Program Files\HUAWEI\HW_IVS_Client\log\main.
Record the CPU usage of the HW.EIVS.UI.exe process when the client does not respond.
1. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open the Windows Task Manager.
2. Click the Processes tab and find the HW.EIVS.UI.exe process, as shown in Figure 2-2.
Figure 2-2 Windows Task Manager
3. Recur the fault. Record the time when the C/S client does not respond and also the CPU usage of the HW.EIVS.UI.exe process in the Windows Task Manager.
Choose Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features and take a snapshot of preinstalled programs.
Open the CMD, run the systeminfo> c:\sysInfo.txt command, and collect the sysInfo.txt file in disk C.
Collect the hosts file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
Take a snapshot of video card information in the Device Manager window.