A user configures an alarm-linked email address for a camera on the eSpace IVS C/S client. When the camera generates an alarm, the user does not receive an email containing the alarm information.
Step 1 Check whether the account or password for logging in to the email server is correctly configured on the OMU portal.
1. Log in to the OMU portal of the server.
2. Choose Maintenance > Unified Configuration. In the System Domains panel, select the NE.
3. Set Module name to SMU and Parameter type to Mail property. Click Search.
4. Re-enter the account and password for logging in to the email server.
5. Check whether the fault is rectified.
If the fault is rectified, no further action is required. If the fault persists, go to the next step.
Step 2 Check whether the auth login protocol is enabled for the email server.
1. Log in to the server as the root user.
2. Run the telnet MailServerIP MailServerPort command to remotely log in to the email server.
3. Run the helo MailServerIP command to connect to the email server.
4. Run the auth login command to check whether the auth login protocol is enabled for the email server.
If the auth login protocol is enabled, the code 334 is returned.
If no, contact the email server administrator.
If yes, contact Huawei technical support engineers.
The account or password for logging in to the email server is incorrectly configured on the OMU portal.
The auth login protocol is not enabled for the email server.