1. Check that the server Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) function is normal.
2. Access the basic input/output system (BIOS) to check the PXE setting. NIC1 PXE Configuration is Enabled, and NIC2 PXE Configuration is Disabled, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2 PXE configuration
NIC 1 corresponds to the eth 0 on-board network port of the RH2285, and NIC 2 corresponds to the eth 1 on-board network port of the RH2285.
3. Connect the client to the eth 1 network port by using a network cable, as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3 Rear view of the RH2285
4. Set NIC2 PXE Configuration to Enabled, as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4 Changed PXE configuration
5. The server can obtain an IP address allocated by the DHCP server after being restarted. The PXE boots properly.