How can I install the SUSE 11g SP1 64-bit operating system on an IBM X3650 M4 series server?
1. Restart the server and press F1 to access BIOS > Load default Settings. The server is restored to its factory settings.
2. Select the first sub-item under BIOS > System Settings > Adapter and UEFI Drivers > LSI EFI SAS Driver and press Enter. Then select WebBios to initialize the RAID group and set the disk array startup disk.
3. Add a RAID group following the configuration wizard.
4. Return to the BIOS home page and choose BIOS > Save Settings. Then exit the BIOS configuration.
5. Insert the installation disk. Access the window for installing the SUSE 11g SP1 64-bit operating system, select Abort, and select OK. The Main Menu window of X3650 is displayed.
6. Download the ISO image file of the disk array driver for the SUSE 11g SP1 64-bit operating system, decompress the file, and save the extracted file to a USB flash drive (or burn it into the USB flash drive).
7. Insert the USB flash drive, choose Main Menu > Expert > Kernel Modules(Hardware Drivers) > Add Driver Update, and select the USB flash drive to load the disk array driver.
8. After the disk array driver is loaded, return to the Main Menu window and remove the USB flash drive. Then choose Main Menu > Start Installation to install the disk array driver.
9. Choose Expert > Create New Partition Table and then create disk partitions.
10. The \boot\efi boot partition must be created and in FAT format.