Product and version: VTL6000 V100R003
When failover is disabled for a VTL cluster or SIR cluster, the heartbeat IP address is not removed, causing a failure to re-enable failover for the VTL server or SIR server. The symptom is:
Log in to the VTL server or SIR server using a Secure Shell (SSH) tool. On the SSH interface, run the ifconfig command to view the IP addresses of the VTL server or SIR server. The heartbeat address is found among those IP addresses.
Method 1: Disable and then enable the management port again.
1. Log in to the VTL server or SIR server using the KVM.
2. Run the ifdown eth0 command to disable the eth0 port.
The eth0 port is an example only. The actual port is the port used for failover.
3. Run the ifup eth0 command to enable the eth0 port.
Method 2: Restart the network service of the VTL server or SIR server.
1. Log in to the VTL or SIR server using an SSH tool.
2. Run the service network restart command to restart the network service of the VTL or SIR server.
The heartbeat IP address is not automatically removed when failover is disabled for a VTL server or SIR server.