Product and version: VTL6000 V100R003
After failover is enabled, reallocate LUNs and delete the mirror of the database. An error message is displayed when attempting to re-create a mirror. The symptom is:
In the navigation tree of the VTL Console, click the host name of the VTL server. In the function pane, click Event Log to view event information. A mirror database is found existent and no more mirror can be created.
1. In the navigation tree of the VTL Console, right-click Physical Resources and choose Rescan from the shortcut menu.
2. In the Specify the range of SCSI IDs and LUNs you wish to scan dialog box that is displayed, select Discover New Devices and specify the SCSI ID range.
3. Click OK to start a scan.
4. In the navigation tree of the VTL Console, click Virtual Tape Library System. Then right-click Database and choose Mirror > Add from the shortcut menu.
5. In the Create Virtual Tape Library Database Mirror dialog box that is displayed, select the physical device for which a mirror is to be created. Click Next.
6. Click Finish.
The VTL server allows only one database mirror. After the original mirror is deleted, the VTL Console has not refreshed mirror information.