Product and version: VTL6900 V100R005
1. After a replication policy was created for a tape, the target server type was set to Local Server.
2. A replication copy existed when a replication task had not been started.
3. After Replication > Synchronize was chosen, an error message was displayed stating Can not start replication.
1. Use PuTTY to log in to the VTL server. By default, the user name is root and the password is Admin@storage.
2. Add the name and IP address of the host to the /etc/hosts file.
3. Run the /usr/local/vtl/bin/sslocalclient and /usr/local/sir/bin/sslocalclient commands to establish communication between the VTL cluster and the SIR cluster.
The VTL server could not learn the IP address of the host PC.