Products and versions:
No available license is displayed on the VTL Console, and the correct VTL license fails to be added on the VTL Console.
The symptoms are:
1. Log in to the VTL server using a Secure Shell (SSH) tool. Go to the /usr/local/vtl/etc/VTL6000/license directory.
[root@VTL6000 ~]# cd /usr/local/vtl/etc/VTL6000/license/
VTL6000 is an example host name of the VTL server. Change it as required.
2. Run the ls command. A license file is displayed.
[root@VTL6000 license]# ls
1. Log in to the VTL server using an SSH tool. The default user name is root and the password is Admin@storage.
2. Type cd /usr/local/vtl/etc/VTL6000/license/ and press Enter to access the license folder.
3. Type rm -rf xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.lic and press Enter to delete the specified license file.
4. Add the license again.
a. In the navigation tree of the VTL Console, right-click VTL Server and choose License from the shortcut menu. The License Information dialog box is displayed.
b. Click Add.
The Add License Keycode dialog box is displayed.
c. Enter the license code and click OK.
A license has been added to the VTL server and the file of the license is not deleted when the license is removed. As a result, no license can be added.