Products and versions:
After the LUN that carries the primary database is deleted, the mirror database does not automatically promote itself to a primary database. The database mirroring function fails and the primary database becomes Incomplete (Segment is missing). The symptom is:
In the navigation tree of the VTL Console, choose Physical Resources > Storage Devices > Fibre Channel Devices. The LUN that carries the primary database is in the offline state whereas the LUN that carries the mirror database is in the online state.
1. Create a LUN and assign it the same SCSI ID as the deleted LUN.
2. Map the new LUN to the VTL server.
3. Delete the mirror database.
4. Run the vtl stop all command to stop all services.
5. Run the vtl start command to start all services.
6. Add a database mirror.
7. On the LUN that carries the new mirror database, create tapes.
If no tapes have been created on the LUNs or RAID groups that carry the primary and mirror databases, the mirror database does not automatically promote itself to a primary one once the primary database fails.