Products and versions:
Set the tape cache reclamation policy to immediate for tape caching to be triggered once a backup task is started. Update the cache after the virtual tape data is migrated and the free space is reclaimed. The tapes enter the cached state. Restart the backup task and the NetBackup reports an error. The symptom is:
In the navigation tree of the NetBackup Administration Console, choose NetBackup Management > Catalog. A backup set is found, indicating that the backup set has not expired. As a result, the backup task fails to be started.
Method 1: On the NetBackup Administration Console, make the backup set expire.
1. In the navigation tree of the NetBackup Administration Console, choose NetBackup Management > Catalog.
2. In the function pane, click Search Now.
3. Right-click the backup set and select Expire.
Method 2: Make the backup set expire using a Secure Shell (SSH) tool.
1. Run the cd /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/ command.
nas:~ # cd /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/
2. Run the ./bpexpdate command.
nas:/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd # ./bpexpdate XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX is the tape's barcode.