How Can I Import a VTL3500 and a VTL6000 License File?
You only need to import a license file for the VTL3500's server. Value-added features and capacity expansion of the VTL6000 are license controlled, and you need to import a license file respectively for the VTL6000's server and storage units.
To import a license file for the server of the VTL3500 or the VTL6000, perform the following operations:
1. In the navigation tree of the VTL Console, right-click the VTL server name and choose License from the shortcut menu.
2. Click Register and select the offline registration method.
3. Click Next.
4. On the right of step 1 in the Offline Registration dialog box, click the … button. The Saved Path dialog box is displayed. The system automatically generates a file and uses the license key as the file name.
The name of a .dat file can contain only letters and numbers.
5. Click Open to return to the Offline Registration dialog box.
6. Click Save and then OK.
7. Email the registration file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Huawei will reply your email with a registration activation file (.sig).
8. Save the registration activation file (.sig) to a local disk of the VTL Console computer.
9. On the right of step 4 in the Offline Registration dialog box, click the … button. Select the registration activation file.
10. Click Open to return to the Offline Registration dialog box.
11. Click Send to start the registration.
12. When the registration is complete, click Yes.
13. Click Finish.
If you have purchased a license file for storage units of the VTL6000, send an email like Table 1 to email@example.com for license activation.
Table 1 Applying for license activation
An equipment serial number (SN) is a 20-digit numeral. You can obtain it under from System Information on the Integrated Storage Manager (ISM), or from the bar code label attached to the right ear.
Learn the license authorization code (LAC), Customer No., and Contract No. from your license authorization paper.
Differentiate letters from similar-looking digits.
To import a license for the storage units of the VTL6000, perform the following operations:
1. On the VTL6000 ISM, click Storage Unit Console. The storage unit management page is displayed.
2. In the navigation tree, click Settings.
3. Under Import and Export in the function page, click License Management.
4. In the License Management dialog box, click Import.
5. In the Select the License File to BE Imported dialog box that is displayed, select the .DAT license file and click Open