What is the correct sequence for restarting the components of a VTL device in a system restart?
Products and versions:
1. Restart the VTL server.
2. Disable the VTL failover function, restart VTL server A, and then restart VTL server B.
3. Enable the VTL failover function.
4. Restart the SIR servers.
5. Restart the standby SIR server.
6. Restart the active SIR server.
If the standby SIR server is running correctly when you restart the active SIR server:
Log in to the active SIR server using a Secure Shell (SSH) tool. Run the sir stop all command to stop the SIR service. The active SIR server automatically powers off, and the standby SIR server automatically becomes an active one. Then power on the originally active SIR server, and it works as a standby one.
If the standby SIR server is not powered on when you restart the active SIR server:
Restart the active SIR server and power on the standby SIR server. After the active SIR server and standby server are started and the SIR cluster restores, the startup is complete.
7. Restart the Fibre Channel switches and storage units.