In order to manage and maintain devices in the ATAE cluster system after logging in to the OSMU server by using a web browser on the PC, the following error messages was detected HTTP Status 500 - failed to register resource client.js and connection failure. The HTTP Status 500 - failed to register resource client.js occur when the OSMU user tries to login to the OSMU browser after populating all the necessary user credentials that is user, password and verification code. in an attempt of solving this issue another issue developed, the browser showed that connection establishment is not possible not even showing the login page or window anymore.
steps taken to resolve the problem
1. Ping between PC and OSMU - successful
2. OSMU services all running
3. IE explorere settings - set according to OSMU requirements as spcified in the support document
4. Firefox settings - set according to OSMU requirements as specified in the support document
5. confirm all services are running and restart them to make sure - (rcosmu restart & status).
6. confirm space usage - (df -k) found that the space usage is too much OSMU services unable to perform.
Below steps we take to resolve the issues beginning with HTTP Status 500 - failed to register resource client.js then Connection failure
1. create space for OSMU services by running the following commands # cd /tmp/buffer, # pwd , # rm -r *
2. verify space usage, space is available.
after HTTP Status 500 - failed to register resource client.js error was resovled connection failure accured caused by font damage and below are the steps to sort out the issue.
1. recreate font (fc-cache -v)
2. restart osmu (rcosmu restart)
3. login to the OSMU - successful