1. First make clear of the detailed issue, and know the current live environment.
Now customer is using stand-alone SC deployment, this time we upgrade SMC2.0/SC/MCU. when go to the step of connecting database. it`s just stop here. In the end, it caused a failure of upgrade. Customer feedback that the upgrade is the same as the upgrade saying. We can check it here.`SMC2.0 V100R003C10SPC900 Upgrade Guide`
2. Secondly we confirm with R&D colleague, we can upgrade directly from R3C00 into R3C10SPC900. So it shouldn`t be the issue of version. We remote login customer`s environment, we try to reoccur the issue and make clear the exact issue and situation.
3. We try to upgrade the SMC2.0 again and found it just the same as customer`s said. When go to the step of connecting database. it`s just stop here. In the end, it caused a failure of upgrade.
A. We doubt the issue is caused by the rights of window authentication. We checked it is using SWMaster account. It is the rights of admin.
B. We doubt it`s the issue of service. We check the SQL services , and all of the services started.
C. We doubt the issue is caused by the rights of SQL authentication. We install SQL Server Management Studio locally. And try to use domain authentication. And we found it can connect, so it shouldn`t be the issue.
4. While when we check the services of SQL. We found that customer service environment is SQL SERVER(MSSQLSERVER). Our normal SQL service is SQL SERVER(SQLEXPRESS)。So this database is not the SMC2.0 embed database. while our setup script is based on our embed database. so dismatch caused this problem. A easier way to check the default password is as follows：
in cmd command line run sqlcmd -S.\sqlexpress(if local machine is sqlexpress databse it should login instead of connecting failed).
In our case, after running this commands we found it`s showing connecting failed. And we try this command sqlcmd -S(local), it can connect. It means default database is not SQLEXPRESS.
5. For this case, we try to change the upgrade script and upgrade again.
Try to change the file in \SmcInstall\Scripts\SMC20Install.ps1 file.
Before you do this change, please confirm this with R&D team just in case.