The customer has changed and then forgot the password, needed to connect on the WebUI of UPS5000-E.
He asked: How he can reset the admin Password?
1. Check the software version of the UPS5000-E.
For this, on the UPS5000-E display, go to System Info >>About>>Version Info>>.
For reference, In the below example the version is V100R005C00B037 .
2. Check the BPS version
Depending of the Software version, for different BPS versions, there are different users and passwords. The BPS version is given by the last 4 characters from the software version (for example – the BSP for <V100R005C00B037> is < B037>).
Use client software such as PuTTY, to login on the SSH platform.
If the BPS is :
• B020 --- login：root，password：000001
• B034 --- login：root，password：Changeme
• B037 --- login：enspire，password：Changeme，(Then, input the command “ su “ to elevate the privilege; password: Changeme)
3. Login to the SSH platform, then:
3.1 . Enter: “cd /mnt/log/current_settings/”
3.2 . Enter Remove um*: “rm um*”
3.3 . Enter Reboot SNMP: “reboot”
After performing thr above 3 (3.1; 3.2; 3.3) steps the password will be reset.
Below is like should look the command line:
4. Wait for 2 minutes, then login in the browser again. < admin / Changeme>
• The solution was to reset the password of the SNMP, and login to the WebUI with < admin / Changeme>.