Model number S2600T
New 4TB disks were added into a disk domain that is using 2TB disks currently.
Current storage configuration:
DiskDomain001 contains 8 x 2TB
DiskDomain002 contains 6 x 4TB + 14 x 2TB
DiskDomain003 contains 8 x 4TB
Can we remove them from this Disk domain without affecting the existing storage?
No alarm occurred
First, we can’t use the full capacity of these 4TB disks in DiskDomain002.
As we know, we have 8D+2P RAID algorithm in the storage pool with high spare policy. So, we need at least 12 x 4TB disks in the same DiskDomain to use the full capacity (size).
In the current situation we have 6 x 4TB disks in DiskDomain002. To use the full size, we need at least another 6 Disks.
In order to solve this problem, there are 2 ways:
1. Delete DiskDomain001 and 003, then add 8 x 4TB Disks to DiskDomain002. Then, we will have 14 x 4TB Disks in DiskDomain002; we can use the full size now. The detailed procedure is below:
A、 Create a new 5.2 TB LUN on Storage Pool, add it to LUN group;
B、 Copy all the data from the existing LUN to the new LUN on the server;
C、 Delete the existing LUN from LUN group, then delete the existing LUN;
D、 Delete Storage Pool 0 and DiskDomain001.
E、 Add the rest of 8 x 4TB to DiskDomain002, then, we have all of the 36 Disks in the DiskDomain002. Also, we can of use all 4TB size of these Disks.
2. Upgrade the system version to the latest version. But we may need to do it with offline services. We need delete these Disks one by one and it will take a lot of time.
No root cause
1. Power off the DiskDomain DEA000.010
2. Power on the DiskDomain DAE000.010
3. Collect storage running logs
4. Add 4 x 4TB Disks to DiskDomain002
5. Expand Storage Pool
6. Create a new LUN and map it to Host
7. Start Data Migration on the Host
8. Delete the old new
9. Delete Pool 0 and DiskDomain0
10. Add Disks to DiskDomain002
11. Expand Storage Pool