OS version: Windows 2012 R2 Datacenter
Server configuration: RH1288 V3, 2*300G SAS, LSI 2308
Customer install process:
install by windows OS directly, OS installed successfully, then after reboot:
then enter to black screen:
1. Correct install way by ServiceCD, which could exclude driver issue.
2. Change other OS, which could exclude OS iso/CD issue.It's failed after install Windows 2008 and Windows 2012.
3. Ask customer provide Windows offical OS CD. Still blue screen, but have some opportunity to login the windows.
3. According to the blue screen of OS and opportunity to login the windows, we found a similar case for Windows, suggest to install patch:
After install windows patch, the issue had been solved.
There is a compatibility issue between Windows and LSI 2308, need install windows patch to solve this issue.
RCA: When Windows 8.1,Windows RT 8.1, Windows server 2012 R2 or Windows 2012 R2 Datacenter install 2919355 patch, and Raid controller received memory allocation from 4GB, then it will occurred. So this is opportunity happen issue.
1. install OS by newest Service CD, to ensure install newest LSI 2308 driver.
2. install patch 2966870 after enter to OS.
1. when do patch copy, use MD5 checker to make sure the files not been changed.
2. When install OS, please follow the Note of Server compatibility list.