1. From windows system log and dump, there is no any Ipfc driver related alarm. Emulex can’t lead to OS hung.
The memory dump that customer send to us for analysis was generated on Aug 10th and this matched the event log.
In responding to the customer's analysis report:
1) !irp fffffa82213c74d0
This irp hasn't got to lpfc driver yet.
2) dt _RAID_LOG_ENTRY 0xfffffa80`f36054e0+30*7
This was the last entry that the log did show there was resume after it. The bus was called because the driver failed to send the command to the firmware.
There is no any Emulex event from the system event logs. The Emulex event logs in Windows are always with an ID11. Customer reported the system hang on 9/28. There are a lot of disk error occurred from the Sep 27th until the reboot on Sep 28th. There is no any evidence that there is anything wrong with Emulex driver or firmware because we don’t see any Emulex event or any SCSI error.
2. From windows system log, there are lots of warning event ID:153
From 26, Sep to 28, Sep, 2015, windows 2012 system log keep on printing warning event ID:153. Microsoft support explained: If system receives one type of I/O mistake, system will try again automatically. During this period, application will be no any response.
3. From CX210 log, there is no link error code. Switch works normally.
CH121 server hardware works normally, won’t lead to system hang. Microsoft think the windows 2012 system log keep on printing warning event ID:153, it will lead to system hang. Microsoft suggests to install windows 2012 newest patch (2996802).
1. Install new windows 2012 patch(2996802)
2. Suggest upgrade MZ910 mezz card driver and firmware to newest.
MZ 910 Driver link:
MZ910 Firmware link:
CH121&CH220&CH221&CH222-Driver Version Mapping V208: