1. After Cisco POE switch has been rebooted and boot up normally, APs turn into offline mode.
2. APs at s12708 has shown fault status.
3. Users are complaint no longer to use WIFI service.
1. Checking APs status at WLAN switch
2. Ping to POE switches to ensure connection are established.
3. Inform client to do configuration at Cisco POE switch.
4. Checking APs status after configuration has done.
1. WLAN switch unable to communicate with APs due to configured capwap vlan is different with APs at POE switch.
2. Channel engineer has changed WLAN switch capwap VLAN ID without configure POE switch VLAN ID that connected with APs.
3. Once POE switch has rebooted or restart, APs unable to function as normal
Solution: Inform channel engineer to include a native VLAN command on third party switches
Step: Log in to Cisco POE siwtch and configure VLAN ID for APs
sw(config-if)#switchport trunk native vlan 1000
sw(config-if)# switchport mode trunk
sw(config-if)#switchport trunk allowed vlan add 5,8,10
sw#copy running-config startup-config
Suggest and inform channel engineer to save configuration at third party switches to ensure APs offline issues.