Fault symptom: The customer's datacenter lost power because of PSU fault, after the power supply recovered, all LUNs of HyperMetro invisible on VMware platform.
Software Version: V300R003C10SPC100
Network topology: Two 5300V3 storages are in the same datacenter with FC link between them. Quorum server is a VMware VM, running on HyperMetro LUNs.
HyperMetro status on both storages are faulty.
1. Check HyperMetro status and history events on both storages of HyperMetro cluster. Then, we can found the storages lost power at the same time.
2. But the HyperMetro status fault was occured after storage re-power on.
3. Check current alarms and all of the LUN status is normal. It shown that no data lost.
4. So, we choose "force start" for faulty HyperMetro LUNs on preferred storage. Then, HyperMetro status restored in normal status.
1. Double check if the HyperMetro faulty is caused by power lost at the same time. Otherwise, you should analyze logs and investigate the root cause.
2. Check LUN status on both storage, confirm if any storage has data lost during power off. If any one lost data, it should not used as prefered storage to force start HyperMetro relationship.
3. Choose the faulty HyperMetro pairs/consistency group and click "Force Start" to recover it.