Customer have several remote replications which are functioning normally. However Customer have just tried to set up another replication of a 3TB LUN. Once customer add the Secondary LUN, and click OK, the Replication starts to Synchronise for about 5 seconds then stops,and the replication status changes to “Split”。
1. The customer want to create a remote session for VMWARE-NL LUN .
2. The VMWARE-NL LUN belongs to controller B.
3. The remote replication about VMWARE-NL LUN is splited.
4. There is no resource RUN in the resource pool of controller B. So customer can't create remote replication for controller B's LUN.
5. Why do Customer have several remote replications which are functioning normally?
The reason is that these LUNs belong to controller A. The size of controller A's resource pool is 1TB.
6. Because for S5500T , the total capacity of the resource pool of two controllers is at most 1TB. Check the capacity of the resource pool of the
controller A is 1TB. so customer can’t add resource LUNs into the resource pool of the controller B.
1. Split all remote session after there is no remote copy task(their status is Synchronized).
2. Check if the used capacity of resource pool is 0. The used capacity should be 0.
3. Remove the resource LUN of controller A, and add two LUNs into resource pool of two controller. (The size of the two LUNs should not be more than 1TB. To define the size of two resource LUNs, please make statistics about the amount of data changes every period of remote replication.)
4. Start all remote replications again.