We have mounted the storage using NFS protocol on our VMware ESXI host. If we try to take a snapshot of the VM while the data store is on the Huawei storage it fails giving a permission error whereas, when the VM’s data store is on the hosts Local HDD the snapshot works perfectly fine.
OceanStor 9000 V3R5C00
1. check the NFS share folder permission setting in OceanStor 9000, found this folder only include W/R/E permission.
2. Check the user permission, found the user permission also not limited
3. Check if there is a domain user limited in domain server. found this is local user, no domain limited
4. All permission setting fine, but when check the OceanStor 9000 compatibility list setting, found the storage not support ESXI host. check with compatibility team, feedback there will be W/R problem in ESXI host.
5. not suggest customer use ESXI host for OceanStor 9000