Fault symptom: The customer have a 5500V3(NAS) for production, then he bought a new 2600V3 for backup. He want to use filesystem remote replication. When he create remote replication on 5500V3, the operation failed and error message is below:
While he tried to create remote replication from 2600V3, it still failed, the fail reason is operation error.
1. As the error message, the filesystem verison of V300R003C10SPC100 and V300R005C00SPC300 is imcompatible.
2. Check from product document, we confirm V300R005C00 can create filesystem remote replication to V300R003. So, in this way, we know V300R003C10SPC100 have a higher version of filesystem. Also, we confirmed with R&D that V300R003C10SPC100 has an optimization on filesystem meta data layout and filesystem version is higher.
3. Next, we need to find the reason that we can't create filesystem remote replication on 2600V3. As the filesystem remote repliation user guide, we found that the secondary filesystem should empty(no data), but we already have data on filesystem of 5500V3.
1. 5500V3 (V300R003C10SPC100) have a higher version of filesystem which can't create remote replication with elder version of filesystem.
2. Also, there's data in filesystem of 5500V3, we can't create remote replication from 2600V3.
1. Backup and clear filesystem on 5500V3;
2. Create remote replication on 2600V3;
3. Split the remote repliation pair on 2600V3;
4. Disable the write protection of filesystem on 5500V3;
5. Switchover the remote replication pair;
6. Enable the write protection of filesystem on 2600V3;
7. Synchronize the remote replication pair;
8. Restore data on 5500V3;