8100 BDW, 8 E7-8867 v4 CPUs, 8-slot memory board, 1 DPC
16 GB memory, SLES 12.1, 8-slot FIOD, BC61THBE backplane, four ES3000V3 SSDs in slots 0, 1, 2, and 3
OS version: SLES 12.1
ES3000V3 driver version: 126.96.36.199
1. Power on the device and enter SLES 12.1. Install the Huawei-developed ES3000 V3 driver hiodriver and restart the device
2. Check dmesg: NVMe SSD related failure information is found.
1. During SLES OS startup, signature verification is executed for all software modules. For modules with unknown signatures, a message indicating signature verification failure is displayed.
2. The SLES release version contains only signature information of all built-in software modules of the release version and does not contain signature information of third-party software modules.
3. For SLES, the Huawei-developed ES3000 V3 driver hiodriver is a third-party driver. Therefore, the signature verification failed and the error message was displayed.
According to SUSE's official statement, the message is only a prompt message and does not affect services. SUSE also provides a method to clear the message in UEFI mode.
Link to SUSE's official statement:
To clear the message, add the ES3000 V3 key to the UEFI key database. For details, see SUSE's official suggestion
SUSE's official link is as follows:
1. Enable the security mode for UEFI.
2. Run the rpm --import gpg-pubkey-c2bea7e6-4c2de264.asc command.
3. Install the PLDP RPM package.
4. Install the hiodriver.rpm package with a signature.
5. Restart the system for the key to take effect.