The firmware version (0003) of the disk (Disk Enclosure DAEXXX, slot XX,
serial number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX) needs to be upgraded. The use of the
disk may be affected.
Upgrade the firmware version of the disk.
1. Requested storage system logs
2. Analyzed logs
3. Developed solution based on documentation and L2 support guide
1. Log in the storage by CLI
2. Enter Developer Mode. Use command
change user_mode current_mode user_mode=developer
3. In Developer mode run the following command to upgrade all the disks
Upgrade disk upgrade_mode=Online
The whole upgrade should take 2 hours (24 disks), and such upgrade will impact the business performance. So suggested to arrange it at the low business time (such as weekend night).
Upgrade disk command information
The upgrade disk command is used to upgrade the firmware version of the storage system's disk. Run this command if you need to upgrade the disk of the storage system.
upgrade disk upgrade_mode=? [ disk_id=? ]
· When parameter upgrade_mode is set to offline and parameter disk_id is not configured, the offline upgrade is only applicable to upgrading all disks.
· When parameter upgrade_mode is set to online and parameter disk_id is configured, only specified disks are upgraded or all disks are upgraded online.