There are one WLAN system on warehouse, all the AP were deployed reasonably. But the terminal can’t access the Internet after connect the AP, all the routing works well. But sometimes the terminal can access internet, but it very slow.
(1) Find the AP which the terminal connect.
(2) Check the AP status about channel utilization:
display radio ap-group 0271-cabanillasAlmacen-EN | include 2.4G
It shows the 2.4G channel utilization is very high.
(3) Disable the 2.4G radio for AP 433 and AP434, check the 2.4 G channel utilization again, the channel utilization of AP435 and AP436 change from 80% to 75%, it’s still so high, so there are other devices including AP send out the wireless signal at channel 6 and 11.
(4) Check the environment around the HUAWEI AP, there are some APs from other vendor Ruckus.
(5) Disable the 2.4G radio of Ruckus, the channel utilization change from 75% to less than 50%;
(6) Check the interference for channel 6 and 11 by the spectrum-analysis tools and FLUKE:
It shows there are still a lot of interference in channel 6 and 11. So it means this interference about channel 6 and 11 were not caused by AP.
(7) Using the wireless data capture tool, analysis the wireless packets, there are a lot of 802.11 null data, by the 1M rate and more than 1Kpps.
(8) Trace the signal strength then find the source of the interference.
(9) Turn off this device and turn on the 2.4 radio on all AP of HUAWEI, check the channel utilization again:
All the channel utilization is normal.
(1) There are some other vendor of Ruckus AP in the same environment, which will increase the channel utilization;
(2) There are some interference sources, this device which will send large number of 802.11 null data packets with 1M rate, which will increase the channel utilization.
(1) Set all the AP channel manually including HUAWEI and Ruckus, make sure all the channels were deployed reasonably.
(2) Turn off the interference sources.
When deploy the WLAN solution at one area, it should check the environment, make sure there are don’t have other AP or other interference source.