When creating a linked clone template, an error occurred during the "System Configuration" phase, prompting "Failure to join user to local rights group"。
Some site its AD server version is too old or the names has inconsistency when creating the AD, the template tool will failed to find the domain user (group) by the specified path.
For example, the full domain name is huawei.net, short domain name is MEAit. Procedures find the specified domain users under the huawei.net , but the real user is under the MEAit.
1. Close the template tool, uninstall the CD drive.
2. Manually add the specified domain user (group) to the group to be joined (please add it according to the actual plan, corresponding to the configuration on the domain configuration page of the template tool, for example LONGHU\user name).Click "Start" and enter "compmgmt.msc" to open the "Computer Management" .
3. Remove Domain Users from the Users group.
4. Remove Domain Admins from the Administrators group.
5. Shut down the virtual machine.
6. In FusionCompute, convert the virtual machine to a template.
If the length of the domain name is inconsistent, when creating the link clone template might appear "join the user to the local rights group failed" error message, then refer the above method.