1. Users accessing the OceanStor 9000 shared drive are facing slowness in copying/retrieving/deleting files.
No alarms are generated with this regard from storage
1. Verify the speed of copy/retrieve from both sides
a. User side: By using software which will give the copy speed
b. Storage side: By observing the graph which will be amiable in the DFS (device manager) of OceanStor 9000.
2. Once this is verified, collect logs from the storage, and analyze the number of I/O operations done at that particular time interval when the slowness issue was reported.
The root Cause was customer was executing a lot of deleting operations (I/O) during the peak hours of the usage of the storage for copy/retrieve operations (I/O) by users. So the I/O operations rise above normal and the slowness was faced.
An auto script was deployed in storage, which will facilitate automatic time interval deciding when the I/O operations are low, i.e. during the non-peak hours and execute the delete operations (I/O) during this non-peak hours.
1. Advice customers not to perform delete operations during the peak hours of production, rather advice them to do so during the non-peak hours,
2. Seek help from Huawei enterprise team to design a script to do the work during non-peak hours automatically.