Software version: V100R001C30
Problem: Internal users can't access Internal Server based on its Public IP address, but external users can access it normally
Can't reach the Internal server "Web Server" based on its public IP address or URL shown below screen when trying to access:
1. Customer is trying to access the Internal server "Web Server" using its Public IP address, not using private IP address altough the server and client on the same subbnet.
2. The traffic coming from outside the network "External users" can access the Internal server normally using the configured server mapping "translate the public IP address of the server to private IP address"
3. With analyzied the traffic from the Internal user PC to the serer, the traffic coming from inside the network "Internal users" can't reach the Internal server "Web Server" with its public IP address because it doesn't know it and need to be translated as below:
a. The destination IP address of Internal user's request packet need to translate into the Intranet IP address of the Internal server "Web Server".
b. The source address need to translate into a public IP address.
c. The source address of the response packet sent by the Internal server "Web Server" need to translate into a Public IP address.
d. The destination IP address need to translate into the user's intranet IP address.
1. Configure Server Mapping to allow external users to access the Internal server "Web Server" as below:
2. Configure Source NAT policy from trust zone to trust in order to allow Internal users to access the Internal server "Web Server" based on the server’s public IP address as below:
3. The Source address group "Internal" contain the required Internal subnets permintted to access the Internal server "Web Server" based on its Public IP address as below: