Customer requested instructions on how to configure the 4G systems and enable the WIFI on his AR502EGW-L. After trying to implement the configuration provided by us, he also asked us to troubleshoot why the configuration wasn't working.
1. We have provided the customer an example of how to configure an LTE Cellular Interface and the Wireless function.
2. After trying to implement the configuration according to the provided examples, the customer informed that he couldn't connect to the Internet via 4G. Therefore, we have started troubleshooting and suggested the customer that in his configuration the APN profile wasn't bound to the LTE Cellular Interface and asked him to obtain the specific APN name for his LTE provider. Informed him that he must use the “modem reboot” commands under the Cellular Interface, for the configuration to take effect.
3. We asked the customer to test if the router was able to connect to the Internet.
4. After confirming that the router was able to connect to the Internet, we have troubleshot the security settings existing on the router to see why the users couldn't also connect to the Internet through the router.
5. We have observed a mismatch between the Vlanif1 interface which had the ip address and mask: "192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0", but the security ACL had "rule 5 permit ip source 192.168.100.0 0.0.0.255 ", so we suggested the customer to change the ACL rule into "rule 5 permit ip source 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255". Also, we have informed the customer that, if he wanted to use a DNS Proxy function, he had to configure a DNS Server (for example Google ip address 18.104.22.168), by using the command "dns server 22.214.171.124"
6. After updating the configuration, the customer confirmed that the users could connect to the Internet through the router's Cellular interface.
1. APN profile wasn't correctly configured;
2. “shutdown” and “undo shutdown” commands must be issued under the Cellular Interface for the configuration to take effect;
3. IP+ mask mismatch between the ones configured on Vlanif and the ones configured in security ACL;
4. A DNS Server must be configured if DNS Proxy function must be enabled.
1. Provided correct APN profile configuration details;
2. Restarted the Cellular Interface by suggesting to the customer to issue “shutdown” and “undo shutdown” under the Cellular Interface for the configuration to take effect;
3. Provided correct security ACL configuration;
4. Suggested customer to configure DNS Server for DNS Proxy function to be enabled.